Master of Science in Global Health Delivery
Full-time, Residential Degree
APPLICATIONS FOR THE CLASS OF 2023 ARE NOW OPEN
The Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD) is UGHE’s flagship academic program. Modeled after a similar program at Harvard Medical School, the MGHD provides a one-of-a-kind learning experience fundamentally rooted in the principles of global health, One Health, epidemiology, global health policy, management, health finance, and leadership. View the MGHD course catalog.
Interdisciplinary collaboration is essential to improving health outcomes and achieving equitable global health care delivery. UGHE’s MGHD program emphasizes transnational health issues and the various strategies required to tackle these, including disease surveillance, health systems management, and individual and population-based interventions. Students will acquire the diverse skill set and management training needed to successfully empower teams and respond to the complex health challenges of our world.
The MGHD program prepares students to serve in health care delivery settings across the globe by:
- Prioritizing hands-on and practical field experience. Lessons are disseminated through problem-based and experiential learning, and incorporate case studies, group work, and field visits. Students gain experience in evidence-based management and delivery through the Practicum, which fosters professional development and career networking, and equips them with effective problem-solving skills.
- Focusing on “systems” rather than symptoms. Addressing the critical social and systemic forces causing inequities and inefficiencies in health care delivery requires a comprehensive understanding of effective delivery systems. Knowledge of the broader social, political, and environmental factors that matter for health pushes students to look at the bigger picture.
- Emphasizing leadership and management. While many health education programs see these skills as an “add-on,” UGHE believes training in leadership and management is essential to developing a generation of bold leaders who push for large-scale change in health systems. Students also receive individual mentorship throughout the MGHD program.
MGHD faculty are from Harvard Medical School, Yale University, Tufts University, Rwanda’s Ministry of Health, and the Rwanda Biomedical Center among others. Students also learn from community health workers in rural villages near UGHE’s campus and ministry officials, a training model that provides students with a profound understanding of the realities of problem-solving in under-resourced settings. With a unique focus on practical experience outside the classroom, the MGHD program ensures that students understand the complexity of delivering care in all settings.
MGHD Track Options:
Global Health is a complex and multifaceted field of study. Global health professionals often specialize in specific areas to allow them to fully develop their skills and interests, and, in turn, maximize their contribution to achieving global health equity.
Recognizing such needs, the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD) at University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) has designed the curriculum to prepare individuals to become leaders in the different areas of global health. Students can choose from the following three options to add specificity and personalized instructions to their studies as they earn their MGHD:
- One Health: Find Out More.
- Health Management: Find Out More.
- Gender, Sexual and Reproductive Health: Find Out More.